Our Talented Maintenance Team!
There is never a shortage of capital projects to see accomplished at our sites as we continue the battle against deferred maintenance and seek to improve our facilities. Here is a partial list in front of us as we head towards the summer. Some of these projects are funded and many are not. Some have already started and some are a ways off from starting. But they will give you an idea of what is happening on this front at The Firs:
- The small cabin at South Cove (Firwood) is being renovated and will be put to use this summer.
- Four roofs need to be replaced on accommodation buildings at the Retreat Center.
- A water main that runs through the grounds of the Retreat Center needs to be replaced.
- A new fireplace for the main floor of the Chalet needs to be purchased and installed.
- A Firs house next to Fircreek is in the process of being re-purposed to serve as a Clubhouse for ASA and all of our Children’s ministries.
- A patio with pavers needs to be constructed below the Alpine Room along with a new stairway
- A good condition, used 4×4 truck/SUV needs to be found and purchased for Chalet Food Service usage.
- Sidewalks need to be replaced and more landscaping added at the Retreat Center.