Applicants are being sought for this full time management position at The Firs in Bellingham, WA. The DCR will be directly accountable to the Executive Director of The Firs and will have full oversight of two ministry centers – The Firs Chalet and Camp Firwood. This will include matters relating to mission fulfillment, personnel, programs, facilities and finances as well as strategic development and spiritual leadership.
The expectations of an ideal candidate for this position will include, but not be limited to the following descriptions. Each of these qualifications will be weighted appropriately by the Search Committee in the process of determining a suitable candidate.
1. Proven leadership experience in a Christian Camp or similar organization at a manager or director level with skills in leading and mentoring a staff team.
2. Evidence of spiritual maturing and leadership skills, including the ability to communicate God’s Word to others and carry out spiritual objectives with a year-round and summer staff team.
3. Proficiencies in regard to budgeting, marketing, programming and development in the context of camps and retreats.
4. A passion for working with children and youth; a desire to see them encounter Jesus and experience the love of God and an understanding of today’s youth culture.
5. Full agreement with the mission of The Firs and affirmation of its statement of faith and core values.
• Resumes (and eventually applications) will be reviewed for this position until 5/31/18. Please send your resume with cover letter to [email protected]
• Interviews will be conducted with candidates who meet the primary expectations of the Search Committee and references will be required.
• The objective is to see this position filled no earlier than September 1, 2018 and no later than October 1, 2018.