Job Title: Housekeeper, Retreat Center
Reports to: Housekeeping Supervisor
Updated: May 16, 2022
Housekeepers are responsible for the care, cleaning, and upkeep of The Firs Retreat Center. Multiple positions available. This may be a part-time, full-time, or seasonal hourly position, with a flexible schedule.
The Housekeeper will have a personal relationship with Jesus, support the mission and vision of The Firs and have a desire to serve others by ensuring guests who come to The Firs have a great experience in a clean and beautiful environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Clean guest rooms, including changing linens, cleaning bathrooms, and vacuuming.
- Work under direction of the Housekeeping Supervisor to ensure a quick and efficient turn-around.
- Clean common areas, including vacuuming, window cleaning, and bathrooms.
- Operate washing machines and dryers safely.
- Safely handle cleaning supplies and tools to ensure a safe work environment.
- Identify and fix or communicate any damage caused by guests to Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Assume other staff assignments as directed by the Housekeeping Supervisor or Executive leadership.
- Attend staff meetings, retreats and other Firs staff activities when directed.
- Comply fully with The Firs Employee Handbook.
- Contribute to and encourage a spirit of teamwork, loyalty and cooperation among all staff, to the glory of Jesus Christ.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Previous housekeeping experience preferred.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence and complete paperwork as assigned. Ability to read and communicate with the Housekeeping Supervisor.
Ability to calculate numbers accurately.
Ability to apply common sense to solve problems.
Housekeeper should be active in a local church. His/her conduct and interaction with other staff should show a person growing in their personal faith. He/she will be able to sign The Firs Staff Covenant and Doctrinal statements.