Job Title: Housekeeping Supervisor, Retreat Center
Reports to: Guest Services Director
Updated: June 2022
The Housekeeping Supervisor is responsible for the care, cleaning, and upkeep of The Firs Retreat Center property.
The Housekeeping Supervisor will have a personal relationship with Jesus, support the mission and vision of The Firs and have a desire to serve others by ensuring guests who come to The Firs have a great experience in a clean and beautiful environment. Additionally, this position will manage a team to help do the work and manage all aspects needed to maintain the guest rooms and facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage all aspects of a clean facility including guests rooms with linens, Dining Room, office spaces, and storage areas.
- Schedule staff so rooms are cleaned after one group leaves and before the next arrives.
- Work with Guest Services Director to assign rooms for groups.
- Manage contracts with cleaning companies for supplies and services.
- Orders are necessary supplies making sure cleaning supplies used are approved and appropriate.
- Maintain proper levels of supplies (paper towels, linens, etc) so that operations of The Firs runs smoothly.
- Set up meeting spaces for groups-including tables, chairs, etc.
- Responsible for the cleaning of staff houses when vacated.
- Plans for room decor upkeep, working with the facilities team to determine what needs to be updated/improved.
- Oversees lost and found, especially in the summertime.
- Supports maintenance department if time allows.
- Oversees hosts’ cleaning of facilities.
- Housekeeping workers
- Assume other staff assignments as directed by the Operations Director and/or Executive Director.
- Attend all staff meetings, retreats and other Firs staff activities.
- Comply fully with The Firs Employee Handbook.
- Contribute to and encourage a spirit of teamwork, loyalty and cooperation among all staff to the glory of Jesus Christ.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business contracts, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Ability to calculate numbers accurately.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
The Housekeeping Supervisor will be active in a local church. His/her conduct and interaction with other staff will exemplify a person growing in their personal faith. He/she will be able to sign The Firs Staff Covenant and Doctrinal statements.