Guest Groups Promotions/Chalet Manager Job Description
The full-time Guest Groups Promotions/Chalet Manager will actively network with organizations and businesses in our region to obtain new customers for all properties at The Firs, while maintaining strong client relations with existing customers. This individual will also manage the Guest Services component of The Chalet. Must believe in the mission statement and doctrinal statement of The Firs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Actively network with organizations, businesses and groups in our region and beyond. Educate them about what The Firs offers for group rentals and assess their needs, and recommend The Firs facilities that seem most appropriate.
- Work with development staff to identify and target organizations and groups that would be good customers for The Firs to start a relationship with.
- Understand all properties and facilities that The Firs rents and communicate what we offer to potential customers.
- Check-in with existing customers and receive feedback as to their experience at The Firs. Communicate to Firs staff the feedback received. Help make suggestions on how we can improve our service to customers.
- Take part in team meetings with other Guest Services staff and the Operations Director. Give advice on how we can continue to improve our service. Understand how the Guest Services process works at The Firs.
- Manage the Chalet. Ensure guest groups are covered by hosts and kitchen staff.
- Keep an eye on key components of keeping the Chalet running and communicate with the maintenance staff and Operations Director about issues that arise.
- Cover hosting at the Chalet if no other hosts are available.
- Train hosting staff on the duties of being a host.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to follow instructions from supervisors and take direction.
- Ability to work as a team or independently.
- Ability to use computers and have typing and clerical skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to set a personal schedule and manage a calendar of appointments with customers.
- Ability to identify potential customers, establish rapport with them and continue an ongoing relationship with them.
- Strong communication and salesmanship abilities are a must-have for this position.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Related experience preferred.
- On-the-job training offered.
- Ability to work on a computer for an extended period of time.
- $40,000-$45,000 a year, depending on experience. Benefits, including health insurance and retirement fund.
Send resume and application to Robb Ellis, Operations Director, at email@example.com.