Reports to: Food Service Director and Kitchen Manager
Status: Full-time or part-time
Updated: November 2022
Start Date: Immediate
The mission of The Firs is for people to encounter Jesus and experience the love of God. Food plays a key role in our larger work of hospitality, setting the context for our guests to encounter what really matters.
- Our cooks are responsible for ensuring that all meals coming from the kitchen are well prepared, with regard to presentation, quality, consistency and taste.
- Experience cooking and/or baking in a commercial kitchen preferred.
- Knowledge of “from scratch” cooking.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously, under pressure in a commercial kitchen.
- Familiar with the safe utilization of all types of commercial kitchen equipment.
- Reliable, consistent work attendance is a requirement of this position. Must be available to work some nights, weekends and holidays.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, listening).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods.
- Must be able to pass drug tests and criminal background checks. The Firs will not tolerate harassing or abusive behavior of any kind.
- Food handlers permit.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and application to Jen Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions about the position are welcome.