The Firs Camps & Retreats
If your skills and talents include a commitment to Christ and you are passionate about investing in people’s lives, The Firs may have a position for you!
Seasonal & Year-Round Employment
Summer is not the only time to work at The Firs. We have year-round facilities with a number of positions available during the school year. The Firs is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Application for Retreat Center
Download and complete the application, then mail or email to The Firs:
Mailing Address: 4605 Cable St., Bellingham, WA 98229
Or email to: [email protected]
After clicking the download button below, select Save As to save the application to your computer. Complete the application form and add your signature. This can be done digitally and then emailed, OR… you can print, complete and mail the application.
Questions About Employment?
- The Firs serves the local church and community by drawing groups and individuals to a camp and retreat setting. The Firs exists for people to encounter Jesus and experience the love of God – this is our core mission.
- From its beginning, The Firs has focused on developing and maintaining a ministry to God’s glory. The Firs emphasis has been to help people believe. This is done through instruction, creative activities and significant relationships.
- The Firs’ three facilities serve to support these efforts and provide a place for organizations and other ministries of similar purpose to offer programs of their own.
We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Matt. 28:19; 2 Cor. 13:14)
We believe in the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection and His ascension to the right hand of the Father. We believe in His personal, visible return to earth in righteousness and glory to consummate His salvation and His judgment. (Jn. 1:1-2; Rom. 3:21-26; 1 Thess. 4:13-18)
We believe that, because of the fall of humanity with the resulting sinful state and subsequent separation from God, there is the necessity of new birth, in salvation by faith in Jesus Christ alone. (Rom. 3:23; 6:23; Eph. 2:8-10; John 1:12)
We believe that God has called Christians to a life of sanctification through the Holy Spirit and to a life fully committed to the will of God in Christ. (1 Pet. 1:14-16; Titus 2:11-14)
We believe in the Christian church as the one universal body of Christ. Christ is the head of His church and calls God’s redeemed people to be set apart for His purposes in the world. (Eph. 1:22-23; 5:25-30; I Peter 1:9-10)
We believe in the institution of marriage defined in Scripture as the covenantal union between one man and one woman. We believe that the Christian standard is faithfulness within that marriage covenant and abstinence outside of it. (Gen. 2:24; Matt. 19:5-6; Eph. 5:31-33)
We believe that every person is created in the image of God, that human sexuality reflects that image in terms of intimate love, communication and fellowship. We believe that God created humankind as two distinct sexes, male and female. (Gen. 1:27; Matt. 19:4-6; Mk. 10:6-8)
There are currently no open administrative positions at The Firs.
Camps & Programs Positions
Fircreek Day Camp
After School Adventure (ASA)
Are you interested in…
- Carpentry, plumbing, electrical
- Vehicle maintenance, engine repair
- Painting, crafts
- Food service
- Groundskeeping, gardening, landscaping, lawn mowing
- Office, mailing, registration help
- Registration assistance (opening day, during the summer)
- Housekeeping and turn-around help
- Program help with kids’ programs (ASA)
- Would you be interested in serving as a host for a Firs Guest Group or our Adult Retreat?
If you’d like to volunteer in any way at The Firs, please send an email to us at The Firs.
“Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men, because you know that the Lord will reward everyone for whatever good he does, whether slave or free.”